Sunday, October 16, 2011

Microwave

When I bought my house, I knew one of the things that I wanted to add was a microwave above the stove. The existing stove had to have been from the early '80s and was all one piece but had two separate ovens and no vent. I knew I would wait at least a year before doing anything because I had gotten a home warranty when I bought the house, and if anything had happened to it, there was a chance they would replace it. 
So in the meantime, I had to buy a microwave. There was a built-in shelf that I put it on.
A few months after my home warranty expired, I purchased a new stove and got rid of that ugly, big beast. Up next was the microwave.
"Up next" being another year or so. I willing admit that I am a procrastinator on some things. On this project it was finding and hiring the electrician to put in an outlet above the stove for the microwave. I was getting along fine without a vent above the stove, and it was just as easy to leave things the way they were. 

But this summer/fall, I'm tackling several large projects and this was on the list just waiting to be crossed off. I finally got the name of an electrician from a co-worker (and then also found out he was the son-in-law of a co-worker from a previous job so I was really happy). So a little over three years later, I now have the stove and microwave I want.
I moved the toaster oven to the shelf where the microwave was, but I'm not sure I like it there so there might be more re-arranging going on.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Little by little, you're getting it all done, Lynn!! But, as they say, "one thing leads to another" so you may never come to the end of your list.
But keep working on it!

OurForeverHouse said...

Lynn, our home is a total work in progress. I have to say, our thoughts of what we wanted a just a year ago have changed. Time, money, taste and inspiration are huge factors. My in-laws had a beast like yours and they have finally updated as well. Yours looks awesome! Congrats!

Lori